While grilled chicken is a healthy summer go-to, it’s easy to get bored with when you prepare it the same way all the time. This recipe for Blackened Chicken with Pineapple Salsa will take your grilled chicken game to the next level. Sweet and spicy, and with awesome summer freshness, this dish is perfect for a casual dinner, for meal prep, or even for a weekend barbecue.
Nutrition Facts: (4 ounces cooked chicken and 1/3 cup salsa) 220 calories, 36 grams of protein, 6 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of fat.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 mintues
Recipe Yield: About 8 servings
Salsa Yield: About 8 servings of 1/3 cup, or 2.5 total cups
Recipe – Blackened Chicken
- 4 large chicken breasts (12 ounces raw each)*
- 2 teaspoons blackening seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
Recipe – Pineapple Salsa
- 1 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapples
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime, about 2 tablespoons
- Pinch salt
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Season your chicken breasts with the blackening seasoning and salt on each side.
- Spray your grill with cooking spray, and throw the chicken on the grill. For large breasts, cook for about 10 minutes per side.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare your salsa with chopping all the ingredients.
- Add all salsa ingredients to a bowl and mix to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes, and top with pineapple salsa. Enjoy!
* Recipe yields about 8 servings when using this much chicken, but you do not have to make this many servings – either make more or less depending on your needs!
Recipe Developer and Food Blogger: Meg Bush