It doesn’t get much more American than ranch dressing, cheese, and bacon. Indulge the healthy way with this Chicken Bacon Ranch Spaghetti Squash! It’s full of fiber, full of protein, uses only 6 ingredients, and most importantly, it’s full of cheesy bacon ranch flavor!
Nutrition Facts: (1/4 of recipe) 290 calories, 8 grams of fat, 20 grams of carbohydrates, 31 grams of protein.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Ingredients: (Recipe makes 4 servings)
- 1 very large spaghetti squash/ two smaller ones/ 800 grams cooked spaghetti squash
- 2 large chicken breasts/ 12 ounces cooked chicken *About 16 ounces of raw chicken will bake down to 12 ounces cooked
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning mix
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 2 ounces reduced fat cheddar cheese
- salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a small knife, gently and carefully pierce your spaghetti squash in 5-7 places spaced evenly around it. Place entire spaghetti squash in the microwave, and microwave for 5-7 minutes. This makes it easier to slice in half.
3. Remove from Microwave, and cut in half the long ways, from the stem to the bottom of the squash.
4. Remove seeds and stringy parts using a spoon.
5. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place cut side down.
6. Season your chicken breast with 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix, and place on the same baking tray.
7. Bake for 30 minutes. *Squash make take more or less time depending on the size of it – check to see if it’s ready by using a fork to shred it, as shown in the photo. It should be soft enough to shred easily, but not mushy.
8. While the squash is cooking, heat a pan to medium, spray with cooking spray, and cook your bacon for 3 minutes per side, or until crispy. Dice or crumble into small bits.
9. In a large bowl, combine remaining ranch seasoning with your cream cheese.
10. Shred your squash using a fork, and place 800 grams into the same bowl with the cream cheese. Add 1/2 of your reduced fat cheddar cheese and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
11. Dice your chicken, and add 12 ounces to your squash mixture.
12. In a baking dish or your spaghetti squash skins, add the squash mixture, and top with crumbled bacon and remaining cheddar cheese.
13. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
14. Remove from oven and serve Chicken Bacon Ranch Spaghetti Ranch!
Recipe Developer / Food Blogger: Meg Bush