Cooler weather calls for warmer food, and what food makes you feel cozier inside than Italian food? These Chicken Parmesan Meatballs are a spin off of, you guessed it, classic chicken parmesan. They have all the delicious flavor you love without the breading, so the carb and fat count in this recipe is way reduced. Serve these with pasta, spaghetti squash, or zucchini noodles for a perfectly balanced meal!
Nutrition Facts: (3 meatballs + sauce) – 200 calories, 5 grams of fat, 10 grams of carbohydrates (2 grams of fiber), 27 grams of protein.
1 meatball: 65 calories, 2 grams of fat, 3 grams of carbohydrates, 9 grams of protein.
Recipe yield: 16 meatballs, or 5 servings plus an extra meatball.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound 99% fat free ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 100 grams shredded zucchini
- 120 grams (1/4 cup) grated parmesan cheese (Kraft in the green container works best)
- 2 teaspoons salt-free Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups light tomato sauce (Prego Light is great)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all ingredients except tomato sauce and mozzarella to a bowl.
- Mix to combine – using your hands works best!
- Divide mixture into fourths, and roll each section into 4 meatballs. You should get a total of 16 meatballs – they will be fairly large.
- Add meatballs to a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from the oven and add your tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- turn your oven to broil, and broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
Recipe Developer & Food Blogger.