Now that it’s officially pumpkin season, why not treat yourself to it at every meal? This moist and flavorful Pumpkin Cheesecake Baked French Toast will help you start the day on a high note, and it is perfect for meal prep. The serving size is huge, and with 18 grams of protein and less than 240 calories per serving, you’ll be able to enjoy it even more knowing that it is helping you stay on track toward your goals!
Nutrition Facts: 240 calories, 8 grams of fat, 30 grams of carbohydrates (11 grams of fiber), and 16 grams of protein.
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes, then 8 hours overnight.
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients (for French Toast):
- 8 slices wheat bread, toast (Nature’s own Double Fiber Wheat was used here)
- 3/4 cups liquid egg whites
- 3/4 cups unsweetened vanilla cashew (or almond) milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 packets no calorie sweetener
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Ingredients (for Cheesecake Swirl):
- 8 tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese, soften (Philadelphia 1/3 the fat was used)
- 3 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cashew milk
- 2 packets no calorie sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Toast your bread using a broiler – it goes quicker than a toaster! Watch it diligently, as 1-2 minutes per side should be enough to make them golden.
- When it is toasted, cut your bread up into even cubes.
- Combine all ingredients for the french toast, without the bread, in a bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add your cubed bread and combine until the bread is evenly coated.
- Spray a 9×7 inch pan or an 8×8 inch pan with cooking spray, and add your french toast mixture.
- In a separate bowl, add all cheesecake swirl ingredients except the walnuts. Combine using a spatula or electric mixer until smooth.
- Using the end of a fork, poke some holes into the french toast, then drizzle the cheesecake mixture over top of the french toast. Adding the holes helps the cream cheese mixture to get into the french toast and make it extra delicious.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight for about 8 hours.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cut into 4 pieces, and enjoy!
Recipe Developer & Food Blogger.